Friday, 13 November 2015

RTA 103: Artist Statement

For my motion graphic's assignment, I decided to create a small little trailer for The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern. I absolutely loved the book and was really excited to create a small 10 second trailer for it, but then I remembered: it's not the easiest novel to grasp, and most people give up on the novel in the beginning because of its complexity and metaphors.

I decided to use themes and motifs from the original story in the motion graphics: I made the colour scheme of the motion graphics the same on as the book- black and white. I focused the trailer on the main character, Celia's eyes. She opens them to signify her seeing what she's done, and the black bars that appear represent the circus and her being part of it/feeling imprisoned by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...