Friday, 13 November 2015

RTA 103: After Effects




For this final assignment, I changed my idea twice.

Originally, I decided to create a book trailer for a story I'm writing entitled The Kensington Project. However, due to time constraints, I realized that I wouldn't be able to do it. It also happened with my other concept, Anna and the French Kiss, which I was really excited to do. I ended up with my idea now, a book trailer for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Here are some stills from my motion graphics:


Alright, so my blog is not formatting my photos properly, but anyways, these are stills from my motion graphics. The beginning starts off with the main character, Celia, opening her eyes and the circus (the black lines) appear, and she slowly fades into it, and becomes one with the circus. The reason why is because in the story, she has a doing with creating the circus, and does get become with circus. 

The concept of this motion graphics was based on the colours of the book; in the novel, the colours white, black and red are really important. I based the eyes off the cover of the Great Gatsby, because the eyes in the billboard in the novel was to represent god always watching, and in the novel, while Celia has a big role in watching over the circus, there's a higher power always watching her and another person who helps her keep the circus alive. Also, lines are going to be a big part of this assignment, as I was very influenced by our Saul Bass lectures.

Hopefully I'll be done before the end of week 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...