Friday, 16 October 2015

RTA 103: Motion Graphics

This weeks class, we learned a bit about Motion Graphics. It was really fascinating, and I throughly enjoyed all the Alfred Hitchcock trailers shown in class.

I never really considered how motion graphics affect the way we view a video or film, and learning the history of motion graphics was interesting as well.

Personally, I don't know if I have any favourite motion graphic videos, but the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary trailer is something that I throughly enjoyed. I would upload it to my blog, but I really don't like uploading videos (for copyright reasons), however, you can view it here

Anyways, I feel like the trailer is a good example of motion graphics. Its single framed (I think that's the term for it), and follows the Doctor's journey from his 1960 incarnation to his then-current incarnation portrayed by Matt Smith. It's a good example of motion graphics, because it shows things from its first serial, and hints to what is to happen in the anniversary special. It shows all the characters- from past to present- and the narration and the music really gives it the classic "Doctor Who" feel.

After watching the Doctor Who trailer, I am inspired to make a promotional trailer for a story that I'm currently working on. I don't know if it's considered motion graphics, but I am tempted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...