Friday, 21 August 2015

Blogaversary Day #4: Fangirl Friday- Character Interview with Alexa Hollen



Sorry for not posting yesterday or the prize for Wednesday! I actually went to downtown on Wednesday, and I commuted there and back so I was exhausted. I told myself I’d do it Thursday morning before I headed back into the city, but then I woke up late and the next thing I knew I was already at the One Direction concert last night.

In other words, summer and procrastination sort of go to me. So this giveaway counts for yesterday and today, and the code that was given on Wednesday is a hint for the prize revealed tomorrow; today’s prize I’m just giving to you: an ebook (1) copy of Defy or Ignite by Sara B. Larson, and this is open to Canada.

I was lucky enough to score a character interview with Sara’s kickass narrator, Alexa Hollen. She’s pretty awesome, and while she is a skilled warrior, she reveals that her own inner thoughts and feelings of her future. Enjoy!

***

Hello Alexa, and welcome to my 3 year blogaversary! I am one of many huge fans of your loyalty, your kick-ass abilities, and your adventures. But for those that don't know much about you, can you tell everyone a little about yourself?

 

Thank you for having me! I am a guard to Damian, the King of Antion. I helped him overthrow his father and end his reign of terror. But now we are besieged yet again, and though Damian and I are also engaged, there’s no time to think about a wedding with war looming on the horizon again. We must somehow find a way to stop the fear and death and create a lasting peace for our people.


Now that everyone is introduced to you a little bit, can you please tell us which is harder: being a warrior or a soon-to-be Queen?

 

I know how to wield a sword and shoot an arrow, I know how to fight an enemy or a war. But I have no idea how to be a queen, so that is definitely going to be much harder.




We know alliances are important when fighting a battle or navigating your way through court, but what makes a true friend?

 

A true friend is someone who you can count on no matter what, who you trust completely.




What do you admire about Damian? 

 

There are so many things I admire about him, including his devotion to his kingdom and people, and his determination to try and be the best king he can. But even more than that, I admire his ability to remain such a good person, despite the horrors he’s experienced in his life. Even though he played a part for years—so well that I believed it, too—he still managed to hold on to who he really was and what he was trying to accomplish. That is amazing, in my opinion.




While Antion has a lot of history (many bad, and recently some good), what makes living in the jungle kingdom beautiful?

 

I definitely have mixed feelings about the jungle. It frightens me in many ways, even though I’ve lived there my whole life. But it is beautiful in its deadliness. The lush green vegetation,the gorgeous, vibrant flowers, even some of the animals—like the brightly colored macaws…there are many parts of the jungle that are stunning, and those are the parts that I love.




Here's an easier question: if you had three wishes, what would you wish for?

 

Peace for Antion, happiness for those I love who have managed to survive the war, and to somehow bring back all the loved ones we’ve lost.


ENDURE, the third and final book in the Defy Trilogy out December 29, 2015. Check out the books that started the trilogy, Defy and Ignite.

25440127

At last, Alexa and King Damian are engaged to be married. But their lives are far from safe. The kingdom of Antion is under siege, and Rylan is a prisoner of the enemy. Even worse, Alexa remains at the mercy of the evil Dansiian Rafe, who controls her mind and can force Alexa to kill or harm Damian at any moment. Despite this, Alexa is determined to rescue Rylan, which soon leads her far from Damian and deep into enemy territory.

When she arrives, what awaits her is deadlier than anything she could have ever imagined: an army of black sorcerers, and a horrifying plot to destroy the world as Alexa knows it. Will she be able to gather the strength to free herself, protect the love of her life, and save the land? Will there ever be true peace?

Acclaimed author Sara B. Larson has woven a stunning, romantic, and evocative finale to the Defy trilogy, that is sure to leave readers breathless until the very last page.

***

So if you’re interested, enter below to win an ebook copy (1) of either Defy or Ignite by Sara B. Larson. Note: this is only open to Canada only! Sorry! And good luck!

And the code for tomorrow is the same from Wednesday: FWH Htud!

 
a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...