Monday, 6 July 2015

Monday Musings (#5): Being Sick


Happy Monday everyone, and I do apologize for not posting for so long. I was actually going to do a Canada Day post on July 1st, but I got sick the Friday before, and I literally just got better yesterday.

I was thinking about what to write for this Monday's post, but came up with nothing- my creative side has been turned off since the end of exams. I think it's my brains way of coping with so much school, and saving it's energy for September when I start university.

Anyways, since I was sick for a little over a week (I had the flu, and I hated it. I usually get better within two to four days, and this was the longest I was sick for in awhile), it made me realize how much I MISSED being healthy.

Other than not being able to go out, hang out with friends and family, there are a lot of things we take for granted when we get sick. Like, not being able to get out of bed without feeling like you're dying. Or, eating a meal. You either feel hungry, but the minute you get to the table, you're suddenly full; or worse, when you can't eat anything because you're throat is sore. Either or, it's terrible.

But I think, the worst thing for me with this sickness was, other than the fact that I got sick RIGHT at the beginning of my summer vacation (although one of my friends pointed out it was better getting sick in the beginning rather than right smack dab in the middle, or worse, at the end when we'd be starting school), was the fact I could not read.

I've been telling myself that I'd getting back into the old habit of reading, writing, and blogging when school ended- then BOOM, sickness!

What I'm trying to say here is stay healthy, and never take anything for granted. Especially the ability to read. It's actually opened up my eyes, and made me want to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...