Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Tuesday Talks (#5): Why I DON'T get paid to do this!


Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Today on Tuesday Talks, I just wanted to discuss ONE important question that I seem to come across very often: why don’t you get paid to blog?

You see, I’m a very talkative person, and when I have conversations about people, I proudly tell them that I am a book blogger. This usually leads the person/people I am talking to ask the said question above.

And, you’ll be surprised how many people find it shocking that I blog for FUN, and not for a paycheck. Does that mean that I don’t want to be paid for something that I love doing? No, of course not.

Now, I would love to be paid for blogging and not have to work at a restaurant, but since I don’t, I really don’t care- regardless, I still love blogging and I still love blogging for books.
For me, I started to book blog because I wanted to share my opinion with other people, and meet people outside my circle of friends who have the same interests as me.

I recently had to explain to a friend of mine, that one major reason why I don’t get paid (aside from the fact I don’t have a big enough following for it) is because it’s about the books! Like, books are awesome, how could you not love them?

While I don’t know the entire logistics of the whole entire book blogger world, I did tell my friend that most bloggers make their living as market advertisers, publicists, writers, website designers and that the list went on and on. My friend thought it was cool, but also thinks that, after convincing that said person on my choice of hobby, that we should get recognized more (my friend also happens to be an avid reader too. But not to the extent of my craziness).

Anyways, I have a bunch other posts on my blog under “Blogger Life” which contain more posts on the nay sayers of my hobby, and who question me as a person because of it. DO I CARE? Sometimes, yes, the things people can say/the way they look at you can hurt (I mean, I am human, I cannot NOT notice things like that!), but I just do my best not to let it bother me. Because I love what I do.

So have you ever been asked that question? If you have, share your story below or on twitter! But if you haven’t why did you go into book blogging in the first place?


See you all next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...