Sunday, 22 February 2015

Sorry, I was stuck...

Hey everyone!

I hope you're having a great Sunday! I apologize for not updating since last month.

Second semester started at the end of January, and I fell out of blogging before that, at the beginning of exams (I think). I took some time to get used to my new schedule, both at school and work.

Before I took my unofficial hiatus, I read this blog post from Nova, an amazing book blogger and awesome possum person, about how she hit a blogger "limbo".

I now have entered that same "limbo" that she has. In the post (I'll link it bellow), Nova talks about how she was posting, but realized she wasn't getting the same numbers as she used to. She realized that she was blogging, but not with the same passion as she used to.

Before I took a mini break, I felt like I was posting without actually putting effort into my posts. It's not like I don't like blogging anymore, it's just that, I'm always tired now. I'm tired of school, work, and just the same old routine.

I was talking to one of my friends in British Colombia that I met this summer, and he was telling me how boring life is there. He lives in a town of 40, 000 people; I live in Toronto. He told me he was getting tired of routine, and that he was going to Europe for like, 72 days starting in May. I was so happy for him (because I knew that he was really bored in his home town), but then I felt sad, because I realized that despite the fact that I didn't have the same isolation factor that he does, I've fallen into a routine as well.

While I like being comfortable in things I do, I don't have focus on one specific thing for so long. It's not like I'm spontenous (which I am at times) or impatient (which I can also be at times as well), but it's because I'm always craving something new. 

For me, I was happy for him, but am jealous in so many ways because he can get up and go, and do something about his situation; it's just like Maya Angelou said: If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. 

Unlike him, I can't just change my scenery and go to Europe (he's 18, and I'm still 17, so that's the major flaw. Aside from the fact he also makes more money than me). But I can change my attitude. 

So instead of seeing my life right now as an endless routine before I graduate from high school, I can change my attitude and look at it as the final pages of the chapter of my high school life- and terrible blogging habits. Because of my negative perception of everything else in my life at the moment, I haven't found the strength to actually post and put effort into the things I want to post about.

But with this new attitude, I hope to change things in my ordinary life to not make it seem that I'm chained down in an endless cycle. In turn, I know that my attitude will take me out of my limbo of blogging because I need to. 

Because that's not why I started blogging in the first place- I did it because I wanted to, with the knowledge that it was going to be hard work. 

So to everyone, once again. Hello, and sorry, I was stuck. New posts will be coming soon, and with more effort from me.


Link to Nova's post- Being in a Blogger Limbo: http://outoftimebookblog.blogspot.ca/2015/01/being-in-blogging-limbo.html?m=1


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I feel like the three of us-Nova, you, and I-have sort of been going through something similar, though I've been on a hiatus basically since school started again. I was definitely feeling like I was in that limbo, and I'm kind of at the in between right now. It's hard to build back up after being away from the blogosphere for so long. I'm so happy to hear you have a new attitude towards everything, and I think it's something I need to work on too and ASAP. I'm wishing you the best of luck! Can't wait to hear more from you again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the warm welcome! I know what you mean... it's weird because this has never really happened to me before in terms of blogging (and my hiatus for school this summer didn't count), and it's the weirdest feeling in the world knowing that you're part of a great community, but are barely in it anymore. I know what you mean about building your way back up in the blogosphere, because TRUST ME, there's a ton of stuff that I never knew was happening. Ever. Thank you so much, and honestly, I wish you the best of luck with your blogging as well! Don't worry Jess, we'll all find a way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...