Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Tuesday Talks (#2): Life of a Bookblogger


Hey everyone, it's Tuesday Talks and I am so sorry for the late night post! I had a bunch of things to do after school, and I wasn't really able to post any earlier than, well now.

I am currently ending CPT season and crossing into exam period, and right now, life is pretty crazy. My schedule is pretty easy going compared to most seniors, but regardless, I still have a lot of outstanding things I have to catch up on and hand in as well, so I'm not entirely free.

And, for me, blogging has become increasingly harder to do. My two computers that I usually use for blogging purposes and homework have been infected by viruses- bad ones. We installed anti-virus right after our old subscription ended- but not right away. We have these pop-ups appearing everywhere, and this software that says it's part of the computer hard drive, but... not. So, we have to get that fixed. It's only semi-fixed and my family (and myself) do use them, although we are carefully as to what we do on them, but we need to fix them properly. And I don't see that happening anytime soon.

So, that's the reason why I'm blogging from my dad's personal computer, which lacks many basic blogger-needed things.

And people say book blogging is easy. IT'S NOT.

I feel like people underestimate what we do. I mean, yeah, it may seem easy: we read, we review them and make our blogs looks pretty. But we also have to market our blogs, keep with contacts, balance our home lives, and so on and so forth.

But what I hate the most is the fact that people just disdainfully hate my hobby because they don't like reading. Honestly, you can read a bunch of text messages, tweets, status updates etc, but you can't pick up the book.

Yeah, and I'm the crazy one. Bloggers, how many times do you hear "You read?" in your day? Or how many times do you get, "You don't seem like the reading time?"

Anyways, that's it for me! Have a nice night!

Next weeks Tuesday Talks will be on prom, and my constant indecision over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...