Monday, 26 January 2015

Monday Musings (#2): Saving up


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a nice day!

My day was really easy going. I finished exams on Friday, so I’ve spent most of my time reading and finishing my portfolio for university.

But mostly reading.

I spent a lot of money on books in the past week, and now, I realized, if I want to get a new laptop, I have to save up my paycheck for the next 3 months.

Doesn’t sound complicated, right? WRONG.

Although I need a new laptop for school and for blogging, I also need to save up for school.

Yeah. A lot of people underestimate the expense of being a book blogger, and I feel like I should show people my very sad account balance.

While I spend most of my money on books, I also spend a lot of my money on clothes. And clothes are also very expensive.

While saving up for 3 months seems easy, it’s hard when you’re used to spending, like me. But if you want to save money, just remember these tips:

  1. It only takes 21 days to make something a habit. So, in other ways, it only takes 21 days to not feel guilty for entering a bookstore.
  2. Write down what you’re saving for, and leave that list somewhere you’ll see it every day.
  3. It’s worth it in the end.

So, what are you currently saving up for? What are some of your own money saving tips?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...