Saturday, 1 November 2014

NaNoWriMo, Day 1: The Not-So-Great Start, but Better Than Nothing Day

It is FINALLY November 1st, and you know what that means?


NaNoWriMo

And I accepted the challenge.

For the first time since 9th grade (the first year I tried and MISERABLY failed at my NaNoWriMo challenge), I decided to join and actually reach the 50K (or is it 60k? See, I'm not really good at keeping up on these important things) goal.

If you remembered a couple months ago, I joined the Mad Writers Club, hosted by Christiney Song. It was a 90 day writing challenge I hoped I would finish- but didn't.

I did, however, establish that I wanted to write a story about a girl named Rory and a boy named Seb who meet each other in unfortunate circumstances in 1888 during Jack the Ripper's terror of London.

Although it IS still a WIP for me, I'm not entirely sure if it's the story I want to tell right now for this challenge. I have two other WIPs that I've been wanting to write for quite sometime. At the moment, my word count is at a big fat zero because I still don't know what to write about.

I have, however, started organizing myself, thanks to Susan Dennard's resourceful newsletter! Not only is she a wonderful writer of the Something Strange and Deadly trilogy, but she is just an awesome writer and organizer in general. I'm currently using her templates and awesome tips and tricks to sort out my jumbled mind.

The reason why I don't want to write Seb and Rory's story is because it is a historical fiction story that requires a lot of time and effort (and research, oh goodness, it needs A LOT of research), and I know that if I decided to write about them, it would cause a huge back lash of EXTRA stress and anxiety this month- November is also the same month my school makes us apply for university.

I know writing a story takes a lot of effort in general, but Seb and Rory follow a lot of actual events and people, so it would take a lot out of me to do a lot of research. BUT I REALLY WANT TO WRITE ABOUT THEM, BUT AT THE SAME TIME I WANT TO WRITE ABOUT MY OTHER CHARACTERS TOO, YOU KNOW?

I feel like I'm just rambling now, but it's the truth. I don't really know what story I'm going to tell. And that is pretty much the end of my "no-so-great" start.

I will be writing as many blog posts about my progress, and hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to write more about my progress.

Bye guys, have a happy Saturday! I have to go do some writing now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...