Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Bookish Book Theories: Blue Lily, Lily Blue Maggie Stiefvater


17378508

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Pages: 391 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: October 21st, 2014
Status: Book #3 The Raven Cycle

Summary (from Goodreads)

There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.


Hehe, it's been awhile since I've done one of these things (and usually, I do it BEFORE the release date of the book, but alas, my busy schedule has thrown off my blogging and reading schedule as well), but I promised myself that I would do it for BLLB.

Why?

Well, after reading The Raven Boys, I realized that Maggie does a lot of foreshadowing and foreboding in her storytelling. I didn't do one for TDT because I gave the book a 3-star rating, but after picking it up on whim at the library, I knew for sure to do BBTs. And after reading The Dream Thieves (by the way, that review will be going up tomorrow, or Thursday... if I can find it), I had a lot of theories for the next book.

Which just happened to come out today!

So if you've received an ARC of Blue Lily, Lily Blue or got your copy today, PLEASE NO SPOILERS! Just little hints as to what I got right please :)

The Magician

By the end of The Dream Thieves, I wasn't entirely sure how to feel about Adam. Okay, so we've determined that he is a character with poor circumstances, and is now the magician to help them in their quest, but what is up with his attitude? He's too proud and won't let anyone help him, and I honestly thing that his stupidity (as a character) at this point will lead to everyone's downfall in BLLB. I honestly do believe that he'll be influenced by the dark things in the forest, which will cause his already messed up emotions to mess everything up.

The Butternut and the Sargent

I feel like Blue's dad is someone powerful from Cabeswater or is really an important part of Glendower's court or something. Other than love, there HAS to be a reason why Maura would disappear to Cabeswater (other than, you know, hunting down Neeve but still).

My ships

Okay, after those ALMOST kisses in TDT, I know that there is going to be a lot of GanseyxBlue moments in this book! I think this is going to be the book where Blue and Gansey nearly kiss in the Pig (or were there out in a field with the pig? Well, I don't entirely remember, but it was in the first book!). I also think that Ronan will make moves on Adam, because who wouldn't want a nice RonanxAdam scene? Non? ;)

Glendower?

I don't think they're going to find him yet. I think they're going to find an imposter Glendower (just like how there was an imposter Aslan in the last book of the Narnia series), and we won't be able to meet the real him till book four.

The End

Is it bad I'm already predicting Gansey's end in this book? From the tag line, I feel that Gansey will sacrifice himself in this book. This sort of ties into my first theory with Adam being influenced by dark forces.


I feel like Adam will do something stupid, and trap them all, and Ronan will be useless. I feel like Gansey, knowing his fate, will sacrifice himself to get everyone (even Adam) out of Cabeswater- and then everyone will get mad at Adam. However, even though he sacrificed himself, I predict he won't actually be dead, and sacrificed himself for 1) the greater good and 2) to be able to tell Blue his name on St. Mark's Eve in the first book (since time is circular in Cabeswater... or so I believe). I think that after all the fiasco with Gansey's 'death' in this book, the last book will be focused on trying to find Glendower and getting Gansey back. Because hey, if Maura is getting Butternut, then Blue can get Gansey.

Okay, so that's the end of this edition of Bookish Book Theories! Leave your own theories bellow, and have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...