Thursday, 31 July 2014

Throwback Thursday: Favourite Childhood Books

Hey guys! I decided to do a Throwback Thursday post today in honour of my favourite childhood books!

1. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
2998
 
This is a very sad story about a girl who's parents just died and is sent to live in England with her reclusive uncle in an old manor. I liked the book and watched the movie as a kid, but I liked the book ten times better because I just felt that watching a book turn into an actual motion picture as a 6 year old was weird.
 
2. The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
 
 
3008
 
Set in World War 1, another sad story about a girl losing her parents (in this case, her father), Sara Crewe goes from being a little princess (hence the title) to being a maid at her boarding school. After the war, she meets a mysterious man living next door who looks mysteriously like her father. This is actually my favouite Frances Hodgson Burnett book, but I was actually forced to read this the first time for a book report in the 6th grade, but later on, I fell in love with it.
 
3. The Spiderwick Chronicles
 
103386
 
This is my favourite fantasy book of all time (or books)! Because of Spiderwick, I was introduced to the awesome Holly Black, who's writings introduced me to the YA genre. If you aren't familiar with the series (or the movie based on the series), the story is about the Grace children who move into an old home with their mother after their father leaves. There, they are introduced to the realm of faeries and monsters, where they must learn how to defend themselves.
 
Well, that's it for me! Have a happy Thursday!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...