Sunday, 1 June 2014

Mad Writers Club: Week 9 Update

Hey Guys! So I was supposed to post my week 9 update yesterday, but I couldn't find what today's question was.


Christiney's website doesn't seem to be working, but I guess I'll just talk about what I have done so far.


I think the last time I checked, there were 5 weeks left? So, I guess, starting today, there are 4 weeks left? I'm not 100% sure, math was never my subject :P


ANYWAYS, I have gotten to the revision part of my WIP! I know this isn't as much as other writers in the challenge have gotten done, but as a student with a billion other commitments who does require sleep to function, this is a major accomplishment for me!







So since I have gotten to the revision stage, I have gotten to the point where I do know my characters and what they need to accomplish by the end of the book.

When I started writing the draft, I change a lot of things and kind of wrote the bare minimum of everything. Now, I've come to the point where I know my characters are coming from, where they came from, and where they are going.

I think the most proud part that I've accomplished, writing wise (aside from actually making it to this stage), is the fact I FINALLY know who's telling the story, and what role each character plays in it.

Remember in the beginning of the challenge where I had to change my dual POVs because of the plot being revealed too early? And then I changed it to first person POV?

Well, I've changed that again, and the story is back to being told dual POV. However plot-wise, it has come along and matured from where I first started.

Is this story close to being finished?



As I've said in past posts, this book is set in the Victorian-era and is loosely based on Sherlock Holmes- and it does mention the author itself in the book as an actual character. So the historical aspect is pretty off at this point because I'm still trying to get all the characters and the plot set before I can get technical about everything.

I'm at the point where I'm either cutting, keeping, re-writing, or changing parts of the original draft now that I have a better idea where the characters and plot are going at this point. I have one character that's a little iffy with me, and I'm having trouble figuring out what his role will be later one. But this is only draft 3 (or at least I'm pretty sure it's draft 3).

The drafts, I can tell you, are completely different from each other. They all still have the same gist and same general idea, but character wise and plot wise, they are so different to the point where it can be three different stories; it's weird how everything's evolved so far.

I've still got a long way to go, and I am a hundred percent sure that by the end of this challenge, I will be probably halfway done with this revision for draft 3. It's CPT time for me, I'm in deadline hell at the moment, and my exams are right around the corner.

But anyways, like I said, I'm really proud as to where I've gotten so far, and I only to hope to progress from here!

Maybe next week, I can share snippets of parts of the first chapter from the three drafts so far for fun!

Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...