Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Mad Writers Club: Madly Trying to Squish a Billion Updates into One

Okay, so it's obvious to everyone that I haven't really been updating my Mad Writers Club posts in forever, but tomorrow is the end of the challenge, so it's better late than never! I wrote these all on Word when I was supposed to publish them on my blog (publishing on my blog by the way, is an impossible and tiring task...and my computer just crashed again, so if that doesn't tell you anything, I don't know what will), but I just decided to include them all in a master post before tomorrow.


Enjoy reading the craziness that is my life.


Week Ten: How much have you accomplished now that you’re ten weeks into the writing challenge? And, what/how do you avoid burn-out?


Week Eleven: We’re almost done! How much have you accomplished? What celebration have you got planned for yourself once you’re done? Or/and, what are you looking forward to now that you’re not obligated to write every day?


Week Twelve: We’re done with our third month (and we only have six days left)! How much have you accomplished? And, what writing advices/tips/lessons do you think every writer should know?


WEEK 10. Hmm... I've accomplished a lot. I've been revising, while trying to balance out these other news ideas I have running around in my head. I never thought I'd make it ten weeks, let alone two. To avoid burn out? A long nap before I start writing, or LOTS of caffeine!


WEEK 11. WE GOT THREE WEEKS LEFT, WHAT? Okay, I'll be honest with you, I have no idea if I'm going to finish or not. I'm not even half way through revising my story. I think the main reason why is because my teachers have scheduled all our tests and CPTs (that's Culminating Performance Task my non-Ontarian friends, and it's torture- it can be worth 10-20% of your final grade, and it affects your entry mark into exams) to start this week and end next week. I AM BURRIED in deadlines. I don't even know how I'm going to survive next week! Anyways, if I do finish my goal, I will NOT be celebrating because my first exam is on the same day the challenge ends *cue hysterical sobbing*


WEEK 12. We're done with our third month, and I am done with life. Exams start the day the challenge ends, and honestly, I am so tired that I could care less about everything at the moment. I got my drama CPT presentation this Friday, and my photography CPT due on the same day as well, and my newspaper team and I have to finish the final edition by Wednesday, so we don't have to rush for submission on Thursday.


As for this challenge? Well, I feel like I have accomplished so much, yet so little. I am not as far as I would like to be in my revisions, but balancing school, extra-curriculars, blogging AND writing, well... I'm alive, so that's what counts right? Anyways, I'm still trying to squeeze as much revision as I can before next week, but I don't know how I'm going to be able to get anything done when I have to be at school by 7am each day starting tomorrow, and staying till 4:30pm when everyone else is long gone?


But I still am in the revision stage, and to be honest with you, I never thought that I would ever get here. I think the biggest advice I can give is never stop writing. Seriously. Even when I'm not at home, typing on my computer, I am always writing in a notebook at school, coming up with these awesome little scenes, dialogue, and sometimes major plot changes that help the story flow much better. You never know what your brain will come up with, so NEVER STOP WRITING! And always carry a notebook!


So, tomorrow is the end of the challenge, and I can't believe I made it this far! It's going to be very bitter-sweet writing the last update tomorrow!


Have a happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...