Thursday, 19 June 2014

Mad Writers Club: The Final Update

Okay, so YESTERDAY marked the end of the 90 Day Writing Challenge, hosted by Christine Song, and no, I did not meet my challenge.

I ran into a HUGE problem last Friday.

So my photography teacher (and newspaper teacher advisor) took my USB to the printer so the newspaper could be published. The next day (Friday), I go to class and he tells me that he forgot it at home. Here's the problem: he's in Nicaragua at the moment, and won't be back till the middle/end of next week.

So for the past couple days, I haven't been revising my story because it's on my USB. I hope he'll remember to give it back to me next week, because I DO need it for summer school, and I really don't want another one because that one had EVERYTHING on it.

I haven't been working on the story, but to be honest with you, I probably would've only been half way with my revisions. It wasn't my initial goal, but it would've been better than not getting that far.

However, I am extremely proud of what I've written so far, and yes, I continue working on my WIP. At the moment, I'm writing something else, but the story I wrote for this challenge is a story I really do want to get out into the world.

Although I didn't achieve my goal, I still made a lot of progress. I am proud of what I created thus far, and have learned so much. I really have learned to never give up from this process, and to be honest with you, that's the only advice you'll ever need in writing (of course, never stop writing and don't beat yourself up are really important too).

I had a lot of fun, and hopefully, you'll all be able to read the craziness of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...