Sunday, 4 May 2014

#MadWritersClub: Week 6 Update

Week Six: How much have you accomplished now that we’re close to the midway point? And, what do you do when your current writing project no longer holds your attention like it used to? What do you do when that shiny new idea cries out for you?

Okay, I will be honest with you, I am ONLY on Chapter 3 on my WIP at the moment. Instead of working on it this week, I got distracted by a new idea and I got sick so writing was the least of my worries.

I literally have a schedule planned out that has me writing at least 2 chapters per day for Week 7, to at least make it to Chapter 15 by next Saturday/Sunday. I am determined to get Seb's story told and out there. I'm still haven't a hard time with writing in his POV only because I've only been writing his POV for a little while and I had to dramatically change his character from the first draft.

My motivation to finish this story is literally just wanting to be able to say I actually finished writing an entire story. And I want people to love my characters as much as I love them.

Like I said before, I had a new idea in my head for a new story. So far, I've been writing snippets of dialogue for the two characters. I actually had the story in my head for awhile, but after listening to a bunch of classical music for piano class, I finally got a glimpse of my characters dancing in a gigantic ballroom. I don't know when that would happen if I actually wrote the story, but it was something that got me writing the little snippets.

My other motivation for completing my current story is so that I can move on to the next one.

Okay, so that's it for me! I'll see you all next week, and hopefully, I'll be at Chapter 13 by the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...