Monday, 5 May 2014

Bookish Book Theories: The One by Kiera Cass


Today is Monday, and it is time for Bookish Book Theories! If you guys don't already know, this is a feature on my blog where I try to predict what will happen in a book!



Sometimes, I'm completely off, other times, I'm close to the point where authors will tease me! But anyways, tomorrow is the release day for The One by Kiera Cass, so I decided to post a Bookish Book Theories. Tomorrow, my review for The Elite will be up (ironic huh?).


NEXT WEEK, I'll be doing a BBT post on Born of Deception by Terri Brown.

So let's get started! And beware of spoilers!




Synopsis (from Goodreads):


The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.



From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.


1) The Love Triangle That We Love to Hate


Okay, so Aspen's still in the story. Dannnng. But whatever. From the excepts that were released yesterday (the first 10 chapters of the One), Maxmerica was shipping nicely. But, Aspen will not give up and America is still all over the place. In this book (according to the trailer), Maxon will find out that Aspen loves America. This bothers me because my OTP is Maxmerica. There was so much set-up, I will probably be upset if there's no pay-off. Like...

But anyway, I imagine Maxon finding out about Aspen and America when they have a conversation or if there's another attack, and he saves her and he witnesses everything. I see him (Aspen) finding out about the King's threat, and manipulate America's thought process and tell her that any guy you have to change for isn't worth it. I see this happening, and as I write this, I'm really sad.... :'(


2) The War of the Illéas


August Illéa vs. Prince Maxon. This isn't going to end well. I feel like Maxon's father will find out about August, and will kill off the Northern rebels, and cause a Southern attack, then Maxon will get rid of his dad and take over.


OR (and I like this option better)


The King dies, and Maxon will agree to August's plan to make America The One, she'll go all through the Princess training, for the sake of peace. Then I think the two will get along and be fine with this, but I also think that during this time, Aspen will be trying to manipulate America's feelings (see theory 1). Also at this time, I think this is the time Maxon will find out, and then Maxon will plan to find a way to get Kriss back and announce her as the Princess when all of this is over, so Aspen and America will be together. I think there will be another rebel attack (Southern of course), and August will lead the fight. At this time, I see Aspen and Maxon doing everything in their power to save America. 


Two things will either happen: 1) ASEPN FINALLY DIES or 2) Maxon will be seriously injured to the point where August has to step into his place.


When August steps into his place, revealing he's an Illéa, I see Maxon recovering, and telling America she should be with Aspen. But in the last moments, I see her running back to Maxon. 


3) The One


America will be The One. I think it'll happen the way I see it going down in theory 2 (above), but as the war rages on, I think she'll realize that she needs to be the Queen. Also, when the Queen mentions that she knows which one she'll pick for Maxon, I really do think it's her.


Also, there is so much set up to America being The One, there's a 80% chance that she and Maxon will ship and be together, and there's a 20% chance where she can change the country of Illéa, before marrying Aspen. I like the probability of her marrying Maxon more (THERE WAS SO MUCH SET UP, EVEN IN THE EXCLUSIVE 10 CHAPTERS WE UNLOCKED), but at this point, it's hard to tell because she really is indecisive.


So that's it for me today! What are some of your Bookish Book Theories for The One? Do you think Maxon and America will end up together, or do you believe that Aspen and America will be together at the end? Who do you think will be The One, and who will really get the crown?


And remember, Chantress Alchemy by Amy Butler Greenfield will be out tomorrow as well!


Have a happy Monday guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...