Monday, 12 May 2014

Bookish Book Theories: Born of Deception by Teri Brown


It's Bookish Book Theories Monday, and today I'm predicting what I think will happen in Born of Deception by Teri Brown!

And please remember, there will be spoilers!



Budding illusionist Anna Van Housen is on top of the world: after scoring a spot on a prestigious European vaudeville tour, she has moved to London to chase her dream and to join an underground society for people like her with psychic abilities. Along with her handsome beau, Cole Archer, Anna is prepared to take the city by storm.

But when Anna arrives in London, she finds the group in turmoil. Sensitives are disappearing and, without a suspect, the group’s members are turning on one another. Could the kidnapper be someone within the society itself—or has the nefarious Dr. Boyle followed them to London?

As Cole and Anna begin to unravel the case and secrets about the society are revealed, they find themselves at odds, their plans for romance in London having vanished. Her life in danger and her relationship fizzling, can Anna find a way to track down the killer before he makes her his next victim—or will she have to pay the ultimate price for her powers?

Set in Jazz-Age London, this alluring sequel to Born of Illusion comes alive with sparkling romance, deadly intrigue, and daring magic.

Crazy Dr. Boyle

Okay, so in the first book, Anna's life gets completely turned upside down when she discovers she's a Sensitive; she nearly gets killed when Dr. Boyle and his accomplices try to kidnap her, but escaped last minute, however Dr. Boyle ends up escaping as well.

I think that he's going to be in London, and I really do think he's going to be behind the turmoil within the Sensitive group. However, I don't think he will be playing a role- I feel like he's going to be behind the scenes.

The reason why is because Anna now knows who's after her, and knows that he has a lot of accomplices. 

I really do feel like we won't see him till book 3, but I know very well that he'll be the reason behind most of the problems.

From the Inside Out

Okay, so I believe that the person destroying the Sensitive group from the inside out is a relative of Dr. Boyle. Or something like that. I feel like it's the girl that Cole was corosponding with, but it does say in the synopsis that it is a he not a she.

To me, it would've made more sense if the person after them was a girl, so it gave her double the motive a) not only ruin the group, but b) ruin Anna and Cole's relationship.

I have a feeling that Anna is going to befriend the guy that ruins the group the inside out, and it will not only endanger her, but her relationship.

Sinking Ships

I really don't want Anna and Cole's relationship to sink, but I can sort of see it happening. Anna, compared to Cole, is more impulsive, and I can see where they clash- and we sorta saw that in the first book.

But the thing is, they are a great couple, and I really do like them together.

I think there will be more than one main factor to why their relationship will fizzle.

1) the Girl back home

I really do believe that the girl that Cole was corosponding to will be the reason why their relationship won't be doing so hot in this book. I feel like Anna will get a little jealous.

2) La Familia

Cole's mother may not approve of her, and she may ridicule Anna

And 3) The Unknown Guy

I totally believe that the guy destroying the group from the inside is not only going to be linked to Dr. Boyle, but fa in love with Anna. I have a feeling Cole's going to get really jealous (much more than he did with Owen- maybe they're friends), and he'll be on the side of getting rid of the guy permanently by killing him, and Anna will be on the side of getting rid of him to, but want to stalk him so he can lead them to Dr. Boyle so they can finish the problem once and for all.

I think the main factor will be their personalities and their different views of handling the problem.

Daddy Dearest

Okay, who actually believes that Anna will learn who her dad really is? I really didn't think it was Houdini, although I found it cool. A part of me wants to say Dr. Boyle (but ew, no. Please no), but a part of me feels like it's Martin, the guy in charge/ the guy that owns the vaudeville act that Anna got a spot on. That's who I think it is.

If he isn't her dad, he's probably the guy after the Sensitives and is working for Dr. Boyle.

Okay, so that's it for me this week! Tomorrow, my review for Born of Illusion will be up, so check that out as well! What are some of your theories?

Have a happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...