Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi


13253276
Author: Veronica Rossi
Pages: 341 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: January 8th, 2013
Received From: my public library
Status: Under the Never Sky #2

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death. Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure-and a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

Through the Ever Night was adventurous, action-packed, and thrilling! I enjoyed everything about it, and it made me fall in love with the characters all over again!

This story takes place literally right after the Epilogue of Under the Never Sky, where Aria and Perry reunite after months of separation. It's a wonderful moment for everyone, but that happiness that we all feel quickly plunders when all our characters realize that they aren't in the same place as they were before.

Aria and Perry get their relationship tested a lot in this book, and there was even a part where I thought they were not getting back together anymore. This story really did centre on their relationship, and how them falling in love has affected the people around them that they care the most. I really did like how Aria (for the most part) was the one with her head straight, with Perry being a little distraught after her departure; it's nice to see the boy moping around and grieving than the girl for a change.

This whole book did centre around finding ones place; the first book was mostly about adapting to new surroundings, while this book was finding a place in the new surroundings. It was a very relationship-based book, and I think the biggest relationship that got to me the most was the Roar-Liv ship. I didn't read the novella, but I was still sobbing like a baby at the end of this book.

I really did enjoy seeing Aria being a badass in this book! I cannot tell you guys how much I enjoyed that! She wasn't this meet scared Dweller anymore; she's a fighter and a protector. I really would've liked to see her punch Brooke in the face though. That would've made the story flawless for me.


I was really hoping for more information on the Still Blue in this book. We got some new information, and some very BIG serious information literally at the end about the Still Blue and one of the characters, but I would've liked more explanation. I remember in the first book I was like, halfway in the book before I realized what Aether really was.

But overall, this book was amazing! I think I'm going to have to do a Bookish Book Theory for Into the Still Blue (since I haven't read it yet!).

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...