Saturday, 5 April 2014

#MadWritersClub: 90 Day Writing Challenge Week 3

It's the end of Week 3 of the 90 Day Writing Challenge! I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. Next week will be the 4th week, aka the first complete month of our challenge. If you want to know more about this writing challenge, check out this master post from ChristineyWrites.


For all those that don't know, I essentially have to make a log about all my progress. Some people do everyday, I do every week because I seriously don't have enough time for everyday.


Week 3: How much have you accomplished since the second week? And, please share your writing space and writing ritual.


Okay, so during the second week, I found myself writing little blurbs and events that I saw my characters going through. Some were set in my original time period of 1888, others were set in 1950.


Till this day, I still have no idea as to what I'm supposed to do with them. The 1950s part of the story feels completely separate, yet a great epilogue...I'm really conflicted right now.


However, as the days passed, I found myself just writing. Writing, writing, writing. Since I've been banned from the internet, I've found myself concentrating more on just writing. I wrote the outline of the story's major plots on Sunday, and realized that this may end up a series. I later wrote two chapters at the beginning of the week (starting from Monday evening, ending Tuesday evening), and finished three chapters yesterday.


Today, I'm working on chapter 6, and already, there's been awkward exchanges, runaways, murderers on the loose, and a thief who just happens to sweet talk her way into everything.


Yeah, my story is kick-ass, but then again, I am a little biased.


Since I don't have a laptop anymore, I write on my family's desktop. I don't like writing at school, but I always have my trusty notebook ready for an idea to pop into my head.


My writing space is my room. I have a desk, but if I can post a picture, I can prove to you it's full of junk that I'm just too lazy to clean.


As for writing rituals? Usually at night before bed during the weekends before I go to bed. On Saturdays I can write all day if I wanted to, but usually during the evening/night with a cup of tea :D

1 comment:

  1. Why are you banned from the internet? ._. (And, yes, post a picture >:])

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...