Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Blogger Life: The Broke Blogger Post


I WILL be honest with you guys- I barely have any posts scheduled at the moment. It's not that I'm too lazy, it's just that I don't have time to make the posts and schedule them. I have them labeled on my blog so I know which ones I'm going to do, but at the moment, I don't have time to write nice and well written reviews, or my features this week, so bare with me. But I decided that I will do my Blogger Life posts so I don't fall behind on my blogging duties!

So instead of Waiting on Wednesday, I decided to do this feature instead. This post is called the Broke Blogger Post, and you'll see why.

So, it seems to me everyone's going out and buying new books, as well as receiving ARCs from publishers, etc. Me on the other hand? I'm literally sitting here reading library books (not that there's any problem with them) because I'm broke. Being broke is my biggest problem, especially when there are SOOO many books out there that I want to buy and NEED to have!

So today, I decided to share with YOU guys a couple of books I wish I have, but will probably end up getting like, next year.

One book I definitely need to have is DOROTHY MUST DIE by Danielle Paige.

18053060

This is a darker, much more sassier and thrilling version of the Wizard of Oz, and answers the "What if?" questions after Dorothy clicks her heels three times and returns to Kansas. I got the chance to read the excerpt from Indigo Books when I received a package, and I LOVED it! I also read the first 12 chapters on Epic Reads, and I regret not preordering or saving my money to buy this baby.

CINDER by Marissa Meyer

11235712

Because I read an excerpt, heard good things, and question myself as to why I never bought it when my mom showed it to me at Chapters a long time ago. I really question my decisions.

STARLING by Fiona Paul

13399051

I need this book because 1) I LOVE the series and I need to know how this ends and 2) SEE IF MY SHIP WILL FLOAT OR SINK, BUT ACCORDING TO 'HINTS' I MAY BE IN FOR A YEAR OF MOURNING. With that said, I'm taking my time reading this book and proceeding with caution.

ESSCENCE by Kimberly Derting

12631512

Because for some reason, my library has every other Kimberly Derting book, the first book of this series, but not the sequel... I really don't understand my public library's system anymore -.-"

Altered by Gennifer Albin

16140922

Actually, I TECHNICALLY won an ARC of this for a contest, but I never received it. I've heard mixed reviews, but I still need to know what happens after Adelice, Jost, and Erik end up falling down into their own rabbit hole onto earth.

And finally, a book I have been waiting on for ages, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

17756559

I am the only blogger in existence that still hasn't read this book, and I heard it was totally worth the read! AND LOOK AT THE PRETTY, PRETTY COVER!

Well, that's it for this Blogger Life post. The moral of this story? I need a job. And, I need to learn how to save more. What are some books you guys need to read, and what would you do to get them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...