Tuesday, 4 March 2014

The Blogger Life (#3): Amazon Problems


Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've done a Blogger Life post, but I HAVE been very busy.

Anyways, anyone that follows me on Twitter (and if you don't, you probably should. Click the twitter icon on the side of the blog) would know that I DO NOT like Amazon.

Let me explain.

About a month or so ago, I won a $5 Amazon GiftCard from a publisher. I never really bought anything on Amazon (except for free books), so I decided to hold off on it. One day during a very boring class, I went on the computer and finally decided to redeem my GiftCard. I clicked the link from the GiftCard and redeemed it on Amazon.com. A few days later, I realized that I really wanted to buy The Prince Novella by Kiera Cass because I couldn't wait for The Selection Stories to come out. So I decided to buy it, but it said that it had been already redeemed. After a few more fatal attempts on both Amazon.com and Amazon.ca, I realized that I wasn't going to get my book. Why? Because since I'm Canadian, I wasn't going to be allowed to buy anything on Amazon.com. I contacted customer service about this a few minutes after my devestating realization, and the next day, they replied they couldn't do anything.

I was pissed off.

See, I was already mad at Amazon because it won't let me post any reviews on ANYTHING- not Amazon.com or Amazon.ca. I know many people (book bloggers and non-book bloggers) can review on Amazon, but for some odd FREAKING reason, I can't. They redirect me to policy that says I cannot review books that I have not purchased. Like what is that?! Other people can, and I CAN'T? This is what originally got me really upset with Amazon in the first place, and when I went to go ask them about it, the email they sent me was the policy just broken down into a simpler form. 

And last night, OOOOOOOHHHH, last night was the FINAL straw. 

I think the main reason why I don't like Amazon is because it gives me more problems than answers. When I have problems with Apple, I get answers that are explained and through. Amazon has made my life MISERABLE. Especially last night.

I got approved for an ARC copy of Chantress Alchemy by Amy Butler Greenfield on Edelweiss last night. I was excited and went to sign up immediately (since I'd only NetGalley up to this point), but was very upset when my copy got sent to my phone's Kindle app. I love my phone, it's my baby, but it's REALLY bad for me to ALWAYS be reading on this thing. My friends, parents and my doctor know that. I know that. 

I tried my best to make my Kindle app on my dad's PanDigital tablet (which he have me to use), the main place for my books to go. I go on customer support, Google etc, all those buttons that I have to change, emails that I have to add/delete, I can't do because 1) it won't allow me or 2) I kinda need them. Like, my NetGalley I get why it's set to send to my phone (I think it's because I set it there), but my Edelweiss? What?! I didn't set it to my phone. I tried changing my personal settings and everything, but nothing worked and their HELP section was no help.

I then tried to delete my account, but then throught the better of it because my phone and my Kindle app on the tablet don't have the same books synced. Everything on my iPhone isn't on the tablet, and neither can I manually transfer it on the computer from iPhone to tablet because, although it's a registered device, it's not an option.

By the time I have up, it was midnight, and I was upset. So there you have it: Amazon problems. Legit, frustrated and angry Amazon problems. I am so done with Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. That sucks... I know you complained about Amazon before but did not think it was *this* bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most people really don't know how much trouble I've had with it. Amazon hates me D:

      Delete
  2. Aw, that's terrible. :( I don't have problems with Amazon, they always help me with whatever I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LUCKY! Whenever I ask them questions, they literally paraphrase what's on their 'help' page -.-"

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...