Monday, 31 March 2014

Bookish Book Theories: The Lovely & the Lost





It's Bookish Book Theories Monday, and today, I try my hand in predicting what will happen in the second installment of the Dispossessed trilogy, The Lovely and the Lost by Page Morgan!




If you haven't read the books yet, I suggest that you do because there will be spoilers in this feature! You can check out my review for the first book, The Beautiful and the Cursed here, and as well as my character interview with Nolan and Vander here.


18339666

Author: Page Morgan
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: May 13th, 2014
Status: The Dispossessed #2


Ingrid and Gabby survived the Underneath. They saved their brother, Grayson, from a future of dark servitude and exposed a plot to undermine the Alliance. But danger still lurks in the streets of Paris, and the Dispossessed, perched on the city's bridges and rooftops, might not be able to save their human wards this time.


The Silent Professor


Okay, I NEED to know in this book if Constantine is a good guy, or a bad guy. I sort of regret not asking this question during my character interview to see what Nolan and Vander think of him. I seriously forgot about this character until I read the first two chapters of this book. I really do wish I own a copy of the Beautiful and the Cursed though.


I think, that the way things are going on right now, Constantine may be a bad guy... but the same time, I don't think he is either. Like, in some ways, I think he's a secret angel or something that's sent to watch over Luc so he, or other Dispossessed, can have another shot in heaven if they do something good.


Or, he'll end up like Lord Isaac in Chantress Alchemy and turn out to be a total nut head and traitor, and Luc will lose all his chances to live life with Ingrid by killing Constantine to save her.


The Civil War


I read somewhere that Gabby is going to be the reason why there's going to be a war between the Alliance/humans, and the Dispossessed, versus the evil demons and stuff.


I see this war happening two different ways:


#1) Chelle will do something totally do something to make her feel insecure about her relationship with Nolan or her relationship with her siblings being super-powerful half beings, and totally do something with that evil lady after her siblings by setting her free or something. Then war will begin, and I totally see her being possessed and used. Hence, the lovely and the lost.


#2): Gabby will try to do something to make Luc and Ingrid get together, and accidently unleash a war. The first one seems more likely, but I wanna see my ship sail, okay?


The New Kid on the Block


At the end of the Beautiful and the Cursed, we learned that Luc will get a guarding partner to take of the Waverly family and essentially, make sure he and Ingrid don't further their relationship. I honestly see the two not getting along and this guarding partner dying, being a traitor or actually being influential in the future.


The Ships of Love


Nolan and Gabby are so going to get stronger, but I see Gabby's insecurity of her looks and her need to prove herself as a warrior as strong as her siblings will strain their relationship. But ship wise, I see them sailing throught most of the book, but I see it ending by the end of this book because Gabby will do something, well, stupid.


Chelle and Grayson: I have no idea how this relationship is going to work, but I'm all for it, especially if it means Chelle will leave Nolan alone.


The Triangle We All Love and Hate


LUC, INGRID, AND VANDER, THE FEELS NEVER END WITH THESE THREE! Okay, I see Ingrid trying to give Vander a try, but her and Luc going back to each other and having tons of feels moments together.


But I am a firm believer of the Gabby's-going-to-effing-screw-everything-up-theory and I see Luc leaving Ingrid at the end to save her sister, both for her and for his duty. I see the two becoming a beautiful ship, but I know Vander will be doing everything in his power to get Ingrid to notice him.


I will be very upset if Vander and Ingrid end up together because I ship her and Luc so much.


Family


So, Mr. Waverly, I mean Lord Brickton, will be coming back in this book. This ought to be interesting. I see him walking in on Luc and Ingrid together while he's in Dispossessed form or something. By the way, does their mom know about the Dispossessed world, or has she subconsciously forgotten about it? Their dad coming back will cause soooo many problems, but it is something I would like to see.


So that's the end of Bookish Book Theories for this week. I'm really sorry it's late!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...