Monday, 24 March 2014

Bookish Book Theories: Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor




It's been awhile, but I am BACK with Bookish Book Theories!


For those that don't know and are new to my blog, Bookish Book Theories is just a crazy feature where I try to clear my mind by predicting what's going to happen next in a book. The theories can get a bit crazy, while some are fairly close to the truth. And yes, most of these posts are for BOOK SERIES, so there are a bit of spoilers if you haven't read any of the posts!


And today, I am trying to predict what will happen in the series finale of the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy....


Wish me luck!


13618440


Author: Laini Taylor
Release Date: April 8th, 2014
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Status: Daughter of Smoke & Bone (#3)

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her, if there can even be a future for the chimaera in war-ravaged Eretz.

Common enemy, common cause.

When Jael's brutal seraph army trespasses into the human world, the unthinkable becomes essential, and Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people.

And, perhaps, for themselves. Toward a new way of living, and maybe even love.

But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. A vicious queen is hunting Akiva, and, in the skies of Eretz ... something is happening. Massive stains are spreading like bruises from horizon to horizon; the great winged stormhunters are gathering as if summoned, ceaselessly circling, and a deep sense of wrong pervades the world.

What power can bruise the sky?

From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.

At the very barriers of space and time, what do gods and monsters dream of? And does anything else matter?

NOTE! This post shall contain spoilers for the first two books of the series! If you want to know what it's about, checkout my review for Daughter of Smoke & Bone, and Days of Blood & Starlight!


NOW, ON WITH THE CRAZY BOOKISH THEORIES!!!





Ziri the Monster


Okay, am I the only one that thinks that sweet, innocent Ziri will have the power go to his head and like milk the whole Thiago thing? I don't think that this will happen right away, but I do think that it will gradually creep up on him because of Akiva being there. We all know he has a big crush for Karou, and when he's in Thiago's body, he can make Akiva jealous.


The Eliza Girl

If you guys haven't read the first two chapters of Dreams of Gods & Monsters on EW, then I suggest you go read it to learn more about this Eliza girl.

She's introduced in the first two chapters as a doctorial student. She saw footage of Akiva, Hazael and Liraz in Prauge (from DoSaB), and despite all of her scientific research, knows that the Angels that appeared (Jael's army) are real.

I think the most interesting thing about her character is that she has nightmares- really bad ones- that almost, to me, seem like memories from a past life. I think she's Madrigal's adoptive sister from DoSaB, Chiro (that's her name, right?). I know if you don't glean a soul, it gets lost, right? Well, what if she's reincarnated?

Another theory I have about Eliza is that she's like a Stelian living in the human world, or something like that. I think she doesn't belong in the human world because she says one of her 'uncles' in the excerpt, meaning that she has no family. And she does mention a sister, and we know from Akiva's experience that he's close with his half-siblings. Another clue that she could be Stelian, a Misbegotten or anything inhuman is the fact that she says something about her mom texting her, which she finds surprising.

I really do think she's going to play a big role in terms of the overall plot, because she doesn't seem very trustworthy at this point.

Effing Kaz

Really? He's still in the story? That little butt-wipe! GAH! Okay, a part of me hopes that Kaz will be killed by either Ziri or Akiva just for good riddance. But anyways, I have a feeling he's going to be working with Jael.

In the excerpt, Kaz wakes up and realizes how hard it is to actually make a cult. Obviously, knowing Kaz, it's for the money and the fame. But with the Angel thing happening, it's pretty obvious it's going to revolve around them. I think that Kaz is going to end up working for Jael when Jael himself hears about Kaz's crazy scheme.

And then Akiva will beat his sorry butt. The end!

Round and Round

Yes guys, I referenced Selena Gomez, so sue me! It's fitting though, for this theory. Akiva and Karou. Tisk, tisk, tiiiiiiisssssssskkkkk.


I think we all know that they're going to be a LOT of tension between the two, but how do you guys predict they'll end up together again?


I think that Karou will be kidnapped by Kaz and Jael's crazy little cult and Akiva will save her (and that's how Akiva will get rid of Kaz. FINALLY). I think Jael's OBVIOUSLY going to get away, and then the two will have a sweet moment before- BAM! Akiva disappears again to save Karou, the chimera and the rebel angels.


And then the cycle repeats with her saving him, and near death, they'll FINALLY tell each other they love AND forgive each other!


The Queen Bee

We are introduced to the Queen of the Stelians in Days of Blood & Starlight. I don't remember exactly where it was and what it said (I don't own copies of the book), but she apparently senses something coming her way and that she is inhumanly beautiful. Or something along those lines.


Anyways, I think she's going to be a Queen Silarial type of character. And yes, my Modern Faerie Tale pals, that was a reference to Holly Black's Tithe, which does apply to this theory- both the character and the story.


I think that like Silarial, the Stelian queen wants Akiva to be her boy toy for world domination or something along those lines. I see her hell bent on destroying Karou as well. This, by the way, also ties into the Round and Round theory above.


Akiva will OBVIOUSLY resist the Queen because he still loves Karou, but I see Karou being jealous and they end up fighting etc, etc., and losing the majority of their army. To fix this, I see Akiva trade himself to the Queen to save Karou trouble tithing.


It's a sad thing to see Karou and Akiva's relationship go though these trials because we know they love each other so much, but I just see this happening. Like, Akiva won't walk into another woman's arms. I see him either sacrificing himself or Liraz being done with all the drama and pushing him to go to the Queen.


The Stains...Um...?

I have no freaking clue as to how those stains in the sky happened. Or will happen. I think that has something to do with the Stelian Queen doing something to piss everyone off. Or maybe that Eliza girl had something to do with it.

Or maybe, that represents Karou's tithing and her bring back a dead army of chimera to kick some Jael-army butt.

That Epic Theatre of Feels

If you read the synopsis, it says that characters will die in an "epic theatre that transcends". That probably is just a marketing ploy for the book, but then it talks about space and time. I have a feeling the sky will open up, and the final battle scene will take place in a divided and open sky between the worlds and everyone can see the chimera and seraphim kill themselves. And then Karou will probably do something heroic that will probably kill herself, and then Akiva will try to save her...and then, someone dies.


Then we all cry because of the epic theatre of feels.


The End


Jael, the Queen, and Kaz are dead. Peace is restored. Mik proposes to Zuzana. Liraz ends up with Gabriel (Eliza's roommate). Akiva and Karou rule Eretez and live happily ever after.


The end.


But knowing the author, this won't be it. But this is just MY wishful thinking.


So that was it for me this Monday! Which theories do YOU think will actually happen in the book? What are some of your theories? And do YOU have hope for Karou and Akiva?


Let me know by commenting bellow, and spread the word on Bookish Book Theories every Monday on my blog! If you have any suggestions for book series for me to predict, tell me in the comment section bellow!


See you next week when I try to predict what will happen in The Lovely and the Lost by Page Morgan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...