Friday, 28 March 2014

Blog Tour Waybrooke by Julia Barkey



Welcome to my stop on the Waybrooke book tour.


Feel free to follow the tour this week and see what other reviews, 

playlists, dream casts, or guest posts are available to check out. 








Author: Julia Barkey
Published: August 16th, 2013
Publisher: Createspace
Pages: 238 



Synopsis (from Goodreads):



Carrie Kent leaves her home in California to help at her Aunt Crystal's institute. There, she meets an interesting group of people with very interesting abilities. What starts off as a side job soon turns Carrie's life into chaos as she, and her new friends, face a secret criminal organization called E.Y.E who are willing to sacrifice everything in order to keep the group quiet.






REVIEW




To be how at with you, I wasn't really expecting to like this book as much as I did. The synopsis was very intriguing, but the story was actually pretty good.

The story is about a girl named Carrie, who gets shipped off Waybrooke Institute in Maine. There, she helps it's residents. Then all of a sudden, things start to get messed up when they have to run from EYE, a group no one really knows about except for one secretive guy...

I actually liked the story a lot, and found the plot to have a nice pace. The ending really left me wanting more, and I was pretty impressed by how it all came together...but seriously, I NEED MORE.

Another awesome thing about this book is that it's written by a 16 year old girl. Yeah, that's right, Julia's 16 and she mad an awesome story.

I'm really impressed and recommend this book to everyone!

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars!

************



Dream Cast







Carrie: Amanda Seyfried








Matt: Lucas Till









Will: Liam Hemsworth









Scott: Dave Franco










Nichole: Saoirse Ronan 

**************

About the Author






My name is Julia Barkey and I am sixteen years old. I write because I really can't imagine myself not doing so. Stories, characters, settings and plots are flowing through my mind almost constantly. I currently live with my parents, my brother, and my two younger sisters in the lovely state of Michigan. I published my first book 'Waybrooke' in August and am currently working on my next novel. I enjoy family time, playing games, crafting,and talking over coffee. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...