Monday, 17 February 2014

Bookish Book Theories: Meridian by Josin L. McQuein (#3)




It's Bookish Book Theories day and honestly, I think I'm having too much fun coming up with these crazy theories. But I think my friends appreciate this post, because when I make a theory for anything (whether it be Doctor Who, Sherlock, Swim Anime, books, movies) I won't shut up. So I think they secretly like these posts because they don't have to hear me rant for like ten minutes every two hours. But be warned: there shall be spoilers. 




17798031

Marina thought that she had solved all of the Arclight’s mysteries. She had found her own history—that she was one of the Fade, that she never should have been human. She knows that the Fade who surround the Arclight don’t want to be the humans' enemies at all. She knows that the leader of those inside the Arc, Honoria Whit, never told the whole truth. But there is so much more that Marina is just discovering. There are more survivors out there. Only Marina—and her friends, all of whom have connections to the Fade they'd never known about—can lead her people to them. But there are also darker dangers, things that even the Fade fear. And Marina slowly realizes she may never have been “cured,” after all. The sequel to Arclight, Meridian is an intense, action-packed page-turner about the lines we draw between right and wrong, light and dark . . . and the way nothing is ever that black and white

Okay, so if you didn't see the warning up in the introduction above (because it was probably too long), there will be spoilers! Now to the theories!

Family Ties

I do believe that after all that's happened, Tobin' s mom is alive. There is a huge chance that she is dead, but for all we know, she could be Fade herself. I mean, Honoria's brother whom turned Fade showed up again, it's possible that she could still be alive. Maybe.

I feel that a lot of the problems in this book will be because of Honoria, and her inability to accept the fact that the Fade are not good. I do think that she knows her family is there in the Fade as Fade, but no longer regards them as people. I see her leading an attack on the Fade to get rid of them.

The Cure

I think that Marina, after being exposed to the Fade again in Arclight, will slowly start getting her Fade abilities back, or at least get sick from being in the light or something. She isn't human and from what I think and interpret, they just placed her Fade essence in a human body. I really do think she will have a hard time staying Marina and separating old self as Cherish.

Fearless...or maybe not?

In the synopsis, there is a part where it says even the Fade fear things. What does this mean? It's been awhile since I've read the book (I unfortunately do not own my own copy), and am going by what I remember.

I think one of the people they fear (no not Honoria, I'm pretty sure that they can take her) will be the new guy in charge that replaced Honoria.

I also think that they're afraid of the Grey. I think something else lives there. The other obvious thing that they would be afraid of is light, but you know that already...

The Choice

Unlike other YA novels, whom Marina chooses will be a difficult one. If she choses Tobin, she will have to stay human. But if Cherish takes over, she'll obviously turn back into a Fade.

The reason why her choice is so important (and breaks my heart) is that her decision will have no in between ground. Like, she marry one and stay friends with another because she was never meant to be human, but at the same time, she can't really see herself as a Fade (that much) anymore.

I honestly never felt so sorry for a character before, but I know that whomever she chooses will love her.  I mean, Rue knew he was going to be captured just to see her again, and Tobin ventured to the unknown to save her as well.

The Wall Falls

In my head, I see the Grey as a metaphorical Berlin Wall in my head. And to be honest with you, I actually think that Marina will die at the end of the book to unite everyone together. Is it just me?

She loves being human, and she is truly a Fade, and it hurts her to chose sides and guys. I really think that she will sacrifice herself to get rid of the divide.

The Title

Umm... I want to say that this relates to math, but yeah. I'm not a hundred percent sure, so I'm just gunna stay away from that...

I want to say that it has to represent the middle wall (The Gray) Falling.

I am soooooo sorry that this post is really short! I don't have an actual copy of the book for me, and playing by memory is really hard! But hopefully, some of these theories are right (or somewhat right!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...