Monday, 10 February 2014

Bookish Book Theories: The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes (#3)






It's Bookish Book Theories time, and this week I'm coming up with theories for The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes. The good thing is that this book hasn't been released yet, so thankfully for everyone, NO SPOILERS! YAY!




16068910




Soccer star Lainey Mitchell is used to getting what she wants, and when her boyfriend Jason breaks up with her for no reason, what she wants is to win him back before the start of their senior year. Lainey and her friend Bianca check the interwebz for tips and tricks, but the online dating advice is all pretty lame.

Then the girls stumble across a copy of The Art of War. Didn't someone once say that love is a battlefield? Jason isn't going to stand a chance once Lainey and Bee go all Zhou Dynasty on him...

Old school strategy and subterfuge meet modern-day drama in the story of a girl who sets out to win at all costs and ends up discovering what's really worth fighting for.

Okay, so I sort of lied about the non-spoilery part of this post. I won't go into HUGE spoilery mode, but I will touch upon some things from the book.

I'm on the Art of Lainey street team (as you can see from the button on the side of my blog), and I have read an excerpt from the book and I got to see the morphing and different drafts that Paula did for the novel (which I have to tell you, was pretty funny).

I told Paula that I was going to be making a theories post for this, but she said it would be a little 'predictable'. Admittedly enough, the synopsis and from what I read, it can see why it would be considered predictable, but I do have a couple theories... (note: I did not eat anything that contained sugar before writing this post):




Best Friends till the End?

So, from the synopsis and from what I read, Bianca and Lainey are BFF's. However, their art of revenge, from what I can tell, will be taken too far. I honestly think their friendship will be in jeopardy because I see Lainey taking this revenge thing way too far, and Bianca being over it and so done. However, I know the two will make up and stay BFF's.

Kiss the Guy

This kind of leads to my first theory of Lainey and Bianca getting into a huge fight and putting their friendship on the line. I think that Bianca will REALLY fed up with Lainey somewhere in the book and will use her awesome powers to move onto Jason, and make her jealous. Okay, maybe she won't stoop that low.

Ooh! Or maybe she'll flirt with Micah (that's the name of the guy that works at the same place she does, has cool hair, and uses to get Jason back) to show Lainey how much she really cares about him. That's actually totally possible to be honest.

Love me, Love me

From what I read, Micah seems like the normal, I-don't-take-BS-and-am-totally-honest-and-cute-in-my-own-way type of guy (he has a MOHAWK guys!), and when I totally see him flipping his shiz when he learns that Lainey was just using him. I honestly think that when he finds out, I think he'll do the same thing back to her: find a girl and make her jealous. Or at least, pretend she doesn't exist. That last one seems more probable.

But how do you guys imagine Micah figuring it out? And that's IF he isn't already in on the plan. I honestly think that he'll catch the two of them out or something and making out, and then will walk away hurt (okay, I'm writing this, and my feels hurt). That's what I think.

Okay, so that's it for this theories post! Thanks for reading, and share your own thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...