Thursday, 2 January 2014

Welcome to Sleepless Reads!

Hey guys, it's me, Allison Grace from The Lovely Grace with a new blog! I decided to make a new one for my upcoming blogaversary!

I created The Lovely Grace on August 22nd, 2013 with actually no idea as to how to make a nice, successful book blog. I Googled some questions on how to make it look good and such, but I didn't actually know that I'd actually last for almost 5 months! I didn't really take into consideration the business side of it, and I focused mostly on the aesthetic side of it.

I have five billion emails (not really, but you get the idea right?) and everything was pretty much thrown together to make The Lovely Grace look, well lovely (or as lovely as it could be). I love my first blog, I really do, but I wasn't in love with it. It was nice, I had some highs and lows with it, but I really wanted something new, something much more professional looking (and had a much more bookish sound to it). I really wanted to switch to Wordpress, but advice from twitter has convinced me to not switch to it, unless I'm planning to self-host (and honestly, my parents aren't up for that).

So here we are, on Sleepless Reads!

I really didn't know if I wanted to make this blog because I was just gaining momentum on The Lovely Grace. But my blogaversary was coming up, and to be honest, switching six months into book blogging isn't such a smart idea.

I really felt like I was cheating on The Lovely Grace when I made this blog! It's still up for now (till I'm able to convince myself to let it go), but alas, I will delete it....someday. Just not now.

So, now that I have made this new blog, I imported all my former posts from The Lovely Grace to here! I'm still in transtion period and such, and I have a lot more to do till I can consistanly post on this blog, but I will have my first review on this blog up tomorrow!

I have my giveaway for Pentimento, and my Middle Grade and Young Adult giveaways on THIS BLOG as well; I imported all my posts from The Lovely Grace to here. So you can enter from both blogs at the moment.

If you're looking for the What's In The Snow Scavenger Hunt post, you have to go back to the other blog here!

We WILL be celebrating my six month blogaversary on THIS BLOG, and I'll be having some awesome stuff lined up. My six month blogaversary will be on February 22nd, 2014.

Thanks for visiting, and have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...