Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Dreams of Gods and Monsters (#16)


*******************


Author: Laini Taylor
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Expected Release Date: April 8th, 2014

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her, if there can even be a future for the chimaera in war-ravaged Eretz.

Common enemy, common cause.

When Jael's brutal seraph army trespasses into the human world, the unthinkable becomes essential, and Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people.

And, perhaps, for themselves. Toward a new way of living, and maybe even love.

But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. A vicious queen is hunting Akiva, and, in the skies of Eretz ... something is happening. Massive stains are spreading like bruises from horizon to horizon; the great winged stormhunters are gathering as if summoned, ceaselessly circling, and a deep sense of wrong pervades the world.

What power can bruise the sky?

From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.

At the very barriers of space and time, what do gods and monsters dream of? And does anything else matter?

***********************

I am freaking out because this series is almost done! By this April, I'll no longer have any more Karou, no more Akiva, no more Zuzana, no more Mik- I think I'll need a feels hug afterwards!

I love this series because Laini Taylor has a unique writing that I just love, and I love how she writes the story to make it come full circle. I'm really excited for the last book (especially since Karou and Akiva were left with a terrible situation in the end of Days of Blood and Starlight).

I'm kind of nervous though because there's a Queen after Akiva. NO ONE ruins my OTP. Like, I don't know how I'm going to feel. Akiva and Karou's relationship didn't really end on good terms at the end of the last book.

I don't know. I can't wait for this book because I just want to know what's going to happen next, but at the same time, I just don't want it to end!

2 comments:

  1. I have the first two books but I'm waiting for this one to come out because I want to marathon read them all in one go. I don't even know what they're about but I hear they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're doing a book binge? That's smart with this series! There's a lot going on and Laini Taylor just knows how to pack the emotion and action in at the right moment. Just so you know, this series is VERY high fantasy. Lots to wrap your head around, but it's worth it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...